Thread: Where Are They Now? Michelle Meyrink.

Blog Entries

Cool2 Where Are They Now? Michelle Meyrink.

Michelle Meyrink (born September 1, 1962) is a Canadian actress who performed roles during the 1980s in both television and in films, mostly playing roles as offbeat teen girls. She is best remembered as the female nerd Judy in 1984 comedy Revenge of the Nerds and as the hyperactive whiz-kid Jordan Cochran in Martha Coolidge's 1985 film Real Genius.

Meyrink gave up acting as her career, deciding she wanted more out of life than the profession was offering. During this transition period, she became interested in the practice of Zen Buddhism. Toward her goal of reshaping her life, Meyrink moved for a time to the Dominican Republic to be near family members living there. She later returned to her hometown of Vancouver, where in 1996 she met her future husband, John, at the Zen Centre of Vancouver.

She and her family were the subjects of a 2004 episode of the Canadian television series Quiet Mind, which focused on their embrace and practice of Zen Buddhism.

As of 2010, Meyrink and John lived with their three children (ages 17, 15, and 11 in 2010) on Bowen Island, just off the coast of Vancouver.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The truth of a theory is in your mind, not in your eyes." - Albert Einstein

"A government becomes the enemy when it, by policy, treats its populace as the enemy." - Me. 11 Jan 2010.

OTWA #13

Blog Entries

I watched "Revenge of the Nerds" umpteen times with my son. I don't remember a female nerd. My brain must really be getting rusty.

Ardee-ann
    Ardee-ann and her llamas in tin foil beanies.

"Fall of the possum, fall of the coon, and the lop-eared hound-dog baying at the moon"

Stephen Vincent Benet

I've had no clue who the last 4 "where are they now" people are ...never heard of any of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toystover View Post
    I've had no clue who the last 4 "where are they now" people are ...never heard of any of them.
    Yea, the last few have been based on the personalities of popular movies rather than TV, so less are bound to know of them.

"A government becomes the enemy when it, by policy, treats its populace as the enemy." - Me. 11 Jan 2010.

OTWA #13

Blog Entries

I loved her kookie character in Real Genius. I am surprised that she decided to go in a different direction.

OTWA #13

This is the first one that I've never heard of. I think that means maybe I need a little more of a life.