Thread: What kind of battery looks like a short AAA?

Default What kind of battery looks like a short AAA?

My Christmas tree has remote control lights. This year, they don't work (both colors of lights do work). I want to replace the battery in the remote, but, duh - I think it was made in China or something...it only says "Alarm Cell" on it. It looks like a short/squatty AAA. Help please!

Yes, if all else fails, I think we have a Radio Shack around somewhere.

Blog Entries

I am so sorry but I can't help. I wish I could.

Ardee-ann
    Ardee-ann and her llamas in tin foil beanies.

"Fall of the possum, fall of the coon, and the lop-eared hound-dog baying at the moon"

Stephen Vincent Benet

I have a battery that may be like yours. I took it out of a clock, but haven't tried to replace it yet. It says Carbon Zinc battery, size N/1.5v.
    I have no idea what all that means, or if it will help you at all, but you might try looking for one like that.

What Jean said. They will have them at Radio Shack. They are in our garage remotes and some desktop clocks. Just take the battery with you. Also Lowe's has a good selection of different kinds of batteries.

Thanks, Baileejean! I looked those up, and found them on Ebay (for cameras) and on a medical testing product site. Duracell makes one Duracell MN9100B2PK N Size Alkaline Camera Battery - Alkaline - 1.5V DC, so that will give me something to look for locally, where I can take mine to at least verify the size of it...I know my old camera batteries were about the same height, but squattier, more like short AAs than AAAs like this one.

I found two of them in my battery bin. Both are 12 Volts and replace 23AE, 23A, VA23A, MS21, MN21. Both are the alkaline type. I think I found some replacements at Staples, and others at Radio Shack. Just be sure to check the voltage on the one you are replacing and be sure it is the same.
    Check out my growing website:

http://www.BerkshireOnStage.com

Yes! Thanks all, apparently it is a 23A 12v (borrowed the neighbor's 10x magnifer - it looked there might be an underline under "alarm cell," but it turned out to be words), so I shouldn't have too much difficulty in locating one.